Utkal University BBSR
Utkal University BBSR is the oldest university in Odisha and the 17th oldest university in India  located in Bhubaneswar, Khordha, Odisha. It is a university that works with teaching. The current center in Vani Vihar is located at 399.9 hectares in central Bhubaneswar. This is the largest cooperative university in the country with 294 general colleges affiliated with 15 law colleges, six medical colleges and pharmacies. 
The University now is spread 9 counties, Angul, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jajpur, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapara, Khurda, Nayagarh and Puri and is spread over 24,973 kilometers sq. It provides for higher education needs of more than 110 lakhs.
Therefore, It is currently having 27 Postgraduate teaching and research departments located within the area, viz. Directorate of Distance and Continuing Education, University Law College eVani Vihar. In addition to the standard courses, twenty-six sponsored courses are offered under direct educational control of the P. University Council. It’s 5 km from the airport, 3 km from the train station. Sainik School is to the north. The Mancheswar industrial zone is to the east of it.
Thus, in 2016, Utkal University hosted its songwriting from the poem “tunga sikhar chula” (1st stanzas) poem of Godabarish Mishra, one of its members. 
After the division of Odisha and Bihar and the formation of the new province of Odisha in April 1936, there was a strong desire among the provincial leaders for the establishment of a separate university in Odisha. Until 1936, all colleges were under the authority of Patna University or Andhra University. During the tenure of Maharaja Krushna Chandra Gajapati, who was instrumental in promoting the establishment of the university, the committee’s recommendations were made available. power, clearing the university’s foundation on 27 November 1943.
In 1966, that Act was repealed and a new Act of Utkal University was passed which came into effect on 1 January 1967. Initially, Utkal University was operating at Ravenshaw College, before moving to its Bhubaneswar camp, called Vani Vihar. Ravenshaw College remained affiliated with Patna University even after the division of Odisha and Bihar in 1936; thus, the meeting was eventually transferred to the newly formed University of Utkal in 1943. In fact, it was Ravenshaw College that gave birth to, nurtured, and supported the new university. It operates from the existing Ravenshaw College Department of Agriculture buildings. The University has many departments from Anthropology to Zoology for postgraduate teaching. The cornerstone of the current campus was laid by Drs. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India on 1 January 1958, and the camp was inaugurated by Drs. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Second President of India on 2 January 1963.
In addition, The campus is located in the heart of Bhubaneswar city and on NH-16 (old NH 5 number). About 5 miles from the main train station at Master Canteen and bus station in Baramunda. All Postgraduate departments and law colleges are within the campus.
In conclusion, click here to know about Utkal University and admission procedure.